Saturday, May 22, 2010

Rainbows and Butterflies

Two of my favourite things...rainbows and butterflies.  I saw three rainbows over this past week and I'm not entirely sure what to make of it.  Rainbows are a good sign so is it maybe a sign from God that He is happy with where I am going?  Is it His way of telling me that things are getting better?  Only He knows...

In other news, I think I might be doing an Independent Study of Geography class with Kerry over summer quarter.  He wants me to apply for the Annual Geographers Meeting which is going to be in Seattle in April and present a paper.  Since there is 10,000 people who show up to this and lots of events, I'll probably only be presenting to 50 people max, but that's still exciting and I can't wait to get started on that. I just have to figure out what exactly I want to write about.  Probably something that deals with globalization and/or the Middle East.

David and I are also thinking of planning some kind of fundraiser and awareness event about the snow leopard.  I really love snow leopards.  Like a week ago, a hunter in the Wakhan Mountains of Afghanistan caught one and tried to sell it.  Before he could,  Mustapha Zaher (Who is the director general of the NEPA in Kabul and grandson of Zaher Shah) found out and contacted the US Ambassador, some German troops located nearby and President Karzai.  After being confiscated from the hunter, veterinarians worked on fixing the poor leopard's leg and they waited for a storm to pass.  Unfortunately, when a clear day finally came the leopard had died. =[

We're talking about a creature that is close to extinction.  They're such beautiful and majestic creatures...I think it's important for people to listen to their cry of help too.

No comments:

Post a Comment