Saturday, July 3, 2010

Hiatus Interruptus?

So I apparently decided on an impromptu and short hiatus. Okay…maybe short is a questionable adjective but I didn’t really notice how much time has passed since I looked at my most recent entry…a wonderful tirade against some stupid Republicans (no offense). Oh yeah…that was like…a month and a half ago huh? Whoops!

Well the world of Firefly Syl has been busy indeed. David and Patrick moved from their house which they shared with Alex and Sam into an apartment so it’s just the three of us now. It’s kind of nice actually because no offense to Sam and Alex…they’re kind of like children. I mean, there is nothing wrong with acting childish every so often, but every day and it gets a bit old. And it got very old.

Other than that my 101 classes ended and now I can take spins and transitions whenever I want. I haven’t had a chance yet, but I’ll be going to a class on Thursday morning. I’m kind of scared I’ve forgotten what I’ve learned so far, but I think once I get there, I’ll be fine. Same with T’ai Chi. I haven’t been to that since formal class ended in June. I need to stretch more and they might be getting a yoga class at the dogen which would be sweet. And a women’s self-defense class. =)

Besides all of that, I’m learning henna and getting back in the hang of making hemp jewelry. It’s been a very long time since I’ve made anything, so we shall see how that goes!

Things are also moving a head with the AAG project. I’ve narrowed my topic down to Pagan influences and the Anglo-Saxon language so now I just have to pick one of them. Both, I find, are fascinating topics. Maybe that’s because I love religion and language. Granted, the Pagan one for me is very easy but still enjoyable. And I have learned a few new things. Hopefully with one of my next updates, I’ll have my topic settled.

Now to just update this more often…

No comments:

Post a Comment